Airate 2T Twin Fan Controller with Temperature and Speed Controlled
Gromatrix Airate 2T is a twin fan speed controller with temperature sensor. The controller is designed and manufactured in the UK and built to a high standard. The unit maintains a set temperature in your growing environment which can be set by the user, it also includes minimum fan speed control which can be used to ensure a minimum level of air exchange. In addition it has fan differential speed control which controls the difference in fan speed between the intake fan and exhaust fan to help maintain negative pressure preventing air escaping from the grow room.
- Gromatrix - high quality and UK designed and manufactured
- More control for the user of their growing environment
- Airate 2T controls intake and exhaust fan speed to maintain grow room temperature
- Includes a 5m temperature sensor to monitor grow room temperatures
- Includes minimum fan speed control to ensure adequate air exchange in the grow room
- Set the intake fan to run slower than the exhaust fan using the differential control which ensures that negative pressure is maintained and no unwanted air can leave the grow room except through the exhaust fan
- Splash proof sockets and enclosure
- Control two fans with a maximum current rating of 2.5amps per channel
The unit also includes humidity clearance cycles so when the lights go off and the temperature drops more than 4 degrees below the set point, the controller will turn fans on full for 10 minutes per hour to reduce the humidity build up. This option can be turned on via the gromatrix logger app using the provided cable.
- Airate 2T control unit
- 5m temperate sensor
- 2 x hoop and loop cable tidy
How the Airate 2T works
The Airate 2T 5amps temperature control, twin fan speed controller automatically controls the speed of the intake and exhaust fan to ensure the users temperate set point is maintained. Airate 2T includes a 5m temperature sensor which can be located in your growing environment in an appropriate place. We recommend placing the sensor amongst your plants.
Airate 2T has two sockets located on the side on the unit with splash proof covers, one socket is for the intake fan and the other is for the exhaust fan.
The end user has 3 control points to set on the front of the controller. The first control knob allows the user to set minimum fan speed, this allows the user to set the required minimum fan speed (slowest speed the fans can run) to ensure adequate air exchange in your grow room even if the temperature goes too low. The second control knob controls the required temperature of your grow room - the unit will maintain your set temperature point. The third control knob controls the differential between the intake fan and the exhaust fan, this helps maintain negative pressure in the growing environment to ensure all air is exhausted out of the exhaust fan and not through gaps or holes.
Once the unit is turned on and set up it will set the fan speeds to the optimum speed to maintain your temperature set point.
The Airate 2T can adjust the speed of fans with a maximum power consumption of 575 Watts (current draw of 2.5 amps) each.
How to set up Airate 2T
- Mount the unit on a stable, non-vibratory location to provide full support to the unit using the supplied fixings.
- Plug your inlet fan into the 3 pin socket on the side of the unit labelled INLET.
- Plug your exhaust fan into the 3 pin socket on the side of the unit labelled OUTLET.
- Plug the 3 pin mains cable from the unit into a socket outlet and switch the unit on.
- Position the 5m temperature sensor in the middle of you grow room or growing environment. (We recommend positioning in the middle of your plants to get best readings)
- Turn the temperature control knob to 35°c fully clockwise.
- Turn the fan min knob clockwise until your required minimum fan speed is set. Remember if your minimum fan speed is set too low, there may not be enough fresh air exchange to replenish CO2 for optimal plant growth. Also, having your fan speed too low may not keep the humidity down enough for good plant growth and also may result in the chances of mould or rot during flowering.
- Turn the fan differential knob clockwise until your required negative pressure is set.
- Turn the temperature knob anti clockwise to set your required grow room temperature.
- The unit is now setup, the controller will now maintain your chosen temperature with negative pressure.
The unit also has a LED indicator
- A green illuminated LED means the controller is within 1°c of your set point.
- A red illuminated LED means the controller has been +/- 1°c outside your set point for more than 10 minutes.
- The Airate 2T can adjust the speed of fans with a maximum power consumption of 575 watts (current draw of 2.5 amps) each. However, it should never be used to control the speed of a oscillating type fans which generally have their own speed controller. Using the Airate 2T controller to control an oscillating fan could burnout the controller or the oscillating fan itself.
|Temperature||Rotary analogue control|
|Minimum Fan Speed||Rotary analogue control|
|Fan Offset||Rotary analogue control|
|Number of Channels||2|
|Max Load Channel||2.5A|
|Fixings||4 Screws and Wall Plugs|
|Operational Temperature||0˚ C - 40˚ C|
|Storage Temperature||-20˚ C - 70˚ C|
- Brands Gromatrix
- Model: AIRATE 2T
- Availability: In Stock
- EX VAT: £49.99